Sunday, April 22, 2007

A New Chapter

Monday, April 23 I start a new chapter in my life ...

Friday, April 20 was my last day at work ... wow! The company I have worked for during the past 11 years is going through some major restructuring (the news has been quite prominent on Wall Street). As a result, I have been layed off. But as many of you who know me, this was not terrible news for me. I am so looking forward to taking some time off and with my severance package, it makes it that much nicer! I am not going to miss the drive but am going to miss the friends and wonderful people I have had the opportunity to work with over the years!

But now, I will be focusing on the many projects I have in mind to complete around the house, traveling to visit family, hanging with my homies during the day, catching up on my reading, training for my triathalon in June (and maybe another half-marathon that I WILL complete), working on my tan (ha, ha, ha - yeah, more like burn), oh, and learning to cook (ugh, I forgot I made that promise to Mike, shoot). Or maybe I'll just take up tap dancing again ...Many have asked how Michael is handling this ... he has said 'Congratulations on your retirement'! But I think he's afraid of the honey-do lists I'll start creating!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO excited Bec!!! You'll have to update your blog more often!!

-Libby

5:14 AM  
Blogger Debbie said...

congrats! this has been a day that you have been looking forward to and can you believe it's here? i wonder what you are doing today... shopping, cleaning, the possibilities are endless:)

i love you!

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home