Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Got the Nerve? Triathlon

This was a bit more fun the one I did last year. I was better prepared, knew what to expect and did not sprain my ankle 3 weeks before the race.

I improved my time by about 20 mins from last year's. I felt great on my swim, unfortunately when I caught up with Rebecca (she was in the grouping ahead of me) I noticed she was panicing a bit - the water was 60 degrees - so I slowed down and swam in with her. The bike was much harder than last year with a bit more distance, but I think I did well. The run ... ARGH - forget the turtle, I think I'm more like a snail!


Rebecca, Harris, me, Brenda getting ready in the staging area.

Ok, seriously, that water was COLD!

Harris finished the race and waited for Rebecca (his wife) to do the run with her. Aren't they so cute! Harris is an Ironman!

Seriously, do I even look like I'm running? I look like I'm walking but working really hard to look like I'm running - this is my 10 min pace.

Now Brenda, on the other hand, she's a tank!
Maybe by the time I get to the marathon, I will be a tad bit faster and be able to catch up to her.

So here's the crew at the end - still smiling.

And yes, did bring our man servants! Mike and Bill (Brenda's husband)!

Thanks guys! I had a great time and so look forward to the next one in a few weeks at Rocky Gap! This is the one Mike is doing with us!

16:30 to 15:52, 57:22 to 58:08, 51:47 to 31:31

4 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

way to go bec... you are awesome!

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Rock!!!!

Love ya
- Susan

7:40 PM  
Blogger Courageous said...

Wow I want to be like you. Get job!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOUR AN INSPIRATION!!! Keep it up!!

-Lib

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home