Sunday, August 10, 2008

Keep it Calm

Ok, so I am trying really hard not to freak out - my first Olympic Tri is this Saturday ... why am I doing this!?! I hate when I challenge myself to do something, I will do it - maybe not gracefully, maybe not quickly, but I'll do it.

Up to this point, the Sprints have been fun, light hearted, and I don't worry about my time. But it is my understanding that when you get to the Olympic level, people get pretty serious - the right outfit, an appropriate bike and not walking the last 6 miles. I mean, I know I don't have the toe grips or the bike shoes, but let's get serious, I barely know what I'm doing :) For my early birthday (by 4 mos.) Mike did buy me a new road bike so I wouldn't have to use my mountain bike with street tires. I guess that's a real faux pas - oops. I'm really trying not to get too over anxious and nervous - eek! My friend and her husband will be joining me - this is her first as well - he's done many of these.

I know, I'm lame. My summer has been consumed with teaching swimming lessons in the morning, working at the running store in the afternoon and training at night. I really need to get a life! I do have a good tan though :) But this is the last week of lessons, so I will have an opening for a new hobby ... hmm ... I do have the marathon coming up ... I really need to find another interest.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so exciting! I know you will do great.

Love ya - Susan

10:47 PM  
Blogger jlk said...

Good luck! I would have major diarhea while I stressed about it....

9:24 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

We are so happy for you. Good luck. You know that we are all cheering for you
Love,
Mom

11:54 PM  
Blogger Emily Snow said...

I would be the same as jlk.

1:51 AM  
Blogger Courageous said...

You'll do great Beck! My good friend and her husband just did an olympic tri 2 weeks ago. They had a blast. I know you will too!

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home