Thursday, August 21, 2008

Luray International Tri Results

I did it! I made it! and I liked it! Which unfortunately means I'll probably do another one :)

Seriously, I did enjoy it and did a lot better than I had anticipated and had much more endurance than I thought I would. The only point I pooped out was on mile 4 of the run ... I started getting stomach cramps and ended up walking/running for the last 2 miles. But I still ran across the finish line smiling!

We had to swim around to two yellow buoys twice then
back to shore on the left and up stairs to the right
to the transition station for our bikes - fun!
1500 Meter Swim - 00:29:25

(my pretty new bike)
25 Mile Bike - 01:36:40
10K Run - 01:07:38

(Harris and Rebecca are off to the left in blue)

Total Time - 03:18:17

It turned out to be a beautiful day - 82 degrees - and the water was perfect for wetsuits - 74 degrees.

Thank you Rebecca and Harris (and of course Michael), if it wasn't for your encouragement, I wouldn't have done it!

Afterword we then headed up to NY to visit with family where we went kayaking, canal biking and continued our running training. We have an Eco-Tri coming up next month that we are now getting ready for.

Of course, no NY trip is complete without Abbots and Nick Tahoes - I earned it! Thanks Mom and Dad for letting us come up and crash!

5 Comments:

Blogger Debbie said...

i am so proud of you!!!!

11:24 PM  
Blogger jlk said...

Impressive time. And, you look fabulous!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Courageous said...

you are so awesome. Just think what you have accomplished in just a few short years. Way to go Beck!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Emily Snow said...

Way to go!

I'm with JLK, you do look fabulous!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome gal!!! Daniel is impressed with the bike....so light!! Have fun training for the next one:)
MLK

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home