Friday, June 01, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend ...

Since Bethany took the grueling trip here to MD back in March, it was only fair that Mike and I head up to MA to visit with them for the holiday weekend.

We had a wonderful time as usual, Mike and Dave took Ben and Rachel to the driving range for the first time ... it was quite funny looking at the video. If Rachel ran out of balls, she would simply jump out onto range to retrieve Ben's used balls ... which was only 1 or 2 feet out.

Beth and I have committed to another half marathon in October - right Beth? So we had better start our training again.

The rest of the weekend was the usual hanging out and playing with the kids. Thanks to Mom and Dad for giving Ben and Rachel the balsa wood airplanes, I was able to entertain them all day Sunday and most of Monday morning. The little things that amuse.

On to other updates ... my ankle is about 95% healed and tomorrow morning is the triathlon. I am nervous and excited at the same time. The location is about 3 1/2 hours away and we have to leave at 4:00am to get there in time for registration. Mike is thrilled about that!

So wish me luck!!! I have to complete the .5 mile swim, 14.2 mile bike ride and 3.5 mile run in 2 1/2 hours. Individually, not a problem ... but together ... I'll keep you updated!

I need a pedicure when this is all done!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how did the triathlon go????
-Susan

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home