Monday, January 21, 2008

Mouse in the House

You know how it always is, a 5 minute job turns into 2 hours ... well, a couple Saturdays ago I asked Mike to rehang the kayaks in the garage (as they have been sitting on the floor against the wall). So as he lifted them, we realized we have visitors that have not only been living in our garage, but have apparently dug a hole in our garage wall - ARGHH!

So, after two hours of vacuuming the mouse turds (love my shop vac), sweeping the garage, throwing out stuff, re-organizing, hanging the kayaks, and nailing in new baseboard, it was determined that our pest control company did NOT replace the mouse traps during their last visit. Good thing they were coming the following Friday.

A few days later I went into the basement and saw something slowly and painfully move across the floor. Apparently one of these little friends had found their way to the basement. To his demise, our cats found him. Unfortunately for this little mouse, our cats don't know what to do with a mouse, so they simply played and tortured it to death, but did not understand the concept of eating it. Stupid cats.

So, I left it there to share with pest control and have them clean it up.

After pest control cleaned up the mess and set up new traps in the garage and basement, we now cross our fingers that the cats have scared the chances of any other mice finding their way indoors.

FUN!

5 Comments:

Blogger Emily Snow said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh, I hate mice! My stupid cat probably wouldn't know how to kill one either, and I KNOW she wouldn't eat it, but I think she'd have a good time torturing it.

We caught a mouse out back on our patio a couple of weeks ago. You know how I had been leaving cat food out for the outdoor cats? Well, that apparently attracted the mice, too. So, the cats aren't being fed any longer and I hope the mouse problem is gone...time will tell for both of us, right?

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please, my cat knocks over the fish bowl and lets the thing shrivel up instead of eat it. I would think that was the point of knocking over the bowl in the first place!!
Sam would have just played with the mice too. He would have thought I bought him something that squeaks when you pounce on it.
We had a mouse in our townhouse. Just after I started a food storage..that thing chewed the top to every single box of food we had...just chewed the boxtops? Just enough to let me know he was there and I had to throw everything out. Now I have cans and a cat!!

7:47 AM  
Blogger Emily Snow said...

Hey...just dropping in to say "hi". Have a great weekend!

1/25/2008
8:06 PM

2:06 PM  
Blogger Jake and Libby: said...

I'm glad that there were no pictures to attach to this story! :)

1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least it keeps you hopping. I love that my cat Monet catches mice but our other cat would probably just watch the thing scurry around. It's nice to have a mouser when we live right next to a horse field. I always say its better to have a dead mouse than a live one.
Kathy

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home