Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Family

The month of August has been pretty uneventful, which is fine by me, I needed a little break.

I finished up swimming lessons, continued training, and started a new part-time job working at a local running store (If the Shoe Fits). One of the individuals I'm training with owns it. He has run his share of 50 milers and marathons and he is in his early 60's. What an inspiration! He ran his first marathon at 47. One day while we were running, he asked me if I wanted to work there part-time and I said "sure".

September is starting off with a boom. We spent Labor Day weekend camping with my brother and his family in PA. We did a little kayaking, hiking and lots of campfiring. I just really love to get together with them and the kids. I am grateful for the relationship I also have with my sister-in-law, she's pretty awesome!

When we arrived back home, I prepared to leave the next day for San Diego, CA to spend a couple of weeks with my sister, just hanging out. While I have been gone, my in-laws came to visit and when I get home, they will be coming through town again since they missed me the first weekend.

What I really wanted to share though is my gratitude for my family. As many of you can relate, I went through my semi-annual emotional 'nobody loves me' breakdown Monday night before leaving to CA. Ugh, poor Mike. He is so patient and wonderful.

But what always brings comfort when I go through this, is knowing I have my family. No matter what I say or do or don't do, they will love me (they have too:)). Coming here to CA to visit with my sister and having spent a weekend with my brother have been such blessings and re-iterates to me how much I miss being near them. I don't worry about our friendship, our love, my appearance (eek!) and we just laugh and enjoy our time together.

Their children bring such joy to me as well. And I am so grateful to be a part of their little families. I wish so much I could visit with all my family as much.

Thank you Mom and Dad for your examples, thank you Aaron for letting me steal your wife away and thank you Michelle for perfect timing on your email!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH! I LOVE you Beck!!! Did you look at my blog? All I could do was think of you guys these ast few weeks!

Libby

5:34 PM  
Blogger The Morey Family from Rochester said...

Beck,
I hope you know how much everyone in my family loves you. (including me!) The kids are always excited to see you. I think the dogs help! :-)

Love,
Beth

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are home!! By the way, it so good to read new stuff! I know what you mean about the entire nobody loves me bit. It must be the weather...because I am right there feeling it too.
You are awesome and so admired and loved by those around you!! I just think the world of you. How is the job coming along? How fun is that!!

3:25 PM  
Blogger The Morey Family from Rochester said...

I am not sure there was enough thanking for your super awesome and only brother. I think Debbie and Aaron got too many mentions

Let's try to dedicate an entire paragraph to David next time because he is sooo awesome.

- Anonymous, not David at all...maybe I am Sue ...yes my name Sue

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK--let's get this out of the way--you have a totally awesome brother!

Onto other things, glad to hear that you were able to go out to CA for a while.

Congrats on the new job. Have you started it yet? That sounds like a perfect job for you. I hope it works out great!

2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah what about the awesome brother? or your oh so cool sister hanging out in Seattle? We know you illuded to all of us. We love you Beck. I'm glad you had fun in California.
Kathy

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep reposting just so I can visit your site. I was thinking of ya and just want you to know I love ya tons!! I hope you read that it was because of you I enjoyed Stake Conference. You two should come over Thursday night for The Office!! love ya girlie You are the best!!!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home